Formation - Acquisition - Local Taxation - State Taxation - Federal Taxation - International Taxation - Sale - Succession Planning
We are not just lawyers, we are business owners and we believe it takes sincere courage to be an entrepreneur or own a business. Our attorneys will help you build a solid foundation for your business that makes the most sense and will help protect you and your business from costly legal issues that are all too common – when they don’t need to be.
Contact us today to speak with an attorney about your specific needs.
The Big 10 of Business Planning
If you plan to form or manage a business entity in Texas, these are the questions you must answer before you begin.
- Will any of my investors be foreign citizens or business entities?
- Will any members or shareholders of my business ever have spouses?
- Will any members or shareholders of my business ever die or become disabled?
- Will any members or shareholders of my business ever leave?
- If my business is required to have a license to operate which is issued to a person rather than the business, what is the plan if that person can’t hold the license anymore (death, incompetence, departure, license gets revoked or suspended)?
- Should my business elect to be taxed as something different than how it was formed?
- Will the purpose of the business lend itself to license or franchise of it or its assets like name, brand, system or software?
- What should I do to stop employees or owners from leaving and soliciting employees to join them?
- What should I do to stop employees or owners from leaving and claiming a right to whatever they created while they were a part of the business?
- Who is the affordable, likeable, easy to understand business lawyer who would treasure having a business relationship with you?
Attend a Workshop For Business Owners
We regularly provide workshops with our partners that are designed to help business owners avoid costly legal fees.